Unit 1 Extra
Either print this page and complete or
(better yet) neatly show your answers on a separate page of paper.
All work (calculations, etc.) must be shown to receive credit.
1. Use the graph to answer the following questions.
- What is the acceleration at 10.0 seconds? PSYW
- What is the acceleration at 50.0 seconds? PSYW
- Find the distance traveled during the first 20.0 seconds.
- Find the displacement during the first 100.0 seconds.
- Find the displacement from 30.0 seconds to 40.0 seconds.
2. A car is traveling 10.0 m/s at a time of 0.00 seconds. The car
accelerates at a uniform rate to a speed of 50.0 m/s in a time of
- Sketch a velocity-time graph for this motion. Clearly
label the axes.
- What is the acceleration of the car? PSYW ____________
- What is the average velocity of the car? PSYW
- What distance is traveled during the first 5.00 second
interval? PSYW __________
- What distance is traveled during the first second? PSYW
Resources for physics students are available through
links on the
Physics Home Page. Such resources include the
Physics Studios (a collection of animations and movies which
illustrate key physics concepts) and
Physics Classroom (an online tutorial written in an
This page created by
South High School.
Comments and suggestions can be
sent by e-mail to
This page last updated on