GBS Physics Home
ChemPhys 173 Home
ChemPhys 273 Home
for Reflection Quiz #1
The first Reflection quiz will be on Wednesday, September
11. The quiz will be a one-page quiz, covering both sides of
a single sheet of paper. Be ready to think and diagram.
Students can expect the following concepts, skills, and
problem-types to be assessed on this quiz:
- An understanding of the line of sight principle and
its importance to viewing an object or an image of an
The Line of
- An understanding of the law of reflection and an
ability to apply it to an understanding of how light
reflects off surfaces (and especially plane mirror
surfaces) to form images.
The Law of
- An understanding of what an image is and of
how it is formed by reflected light.
What is an
Image? || Why
an Image is Formed
- An ability to locate the image of an object in a
plane mirror and to use a ray diagram to illustrate how
an individual at a given location can view the image.
Images of Objects || Constructing
- An ability to demonstrate by means of a ray diagram
what portion of a plane mirror would be required to view
the image of an object.
the Portion of Mirror Needed to View an Object
- Distinguish between diffuse and regular reflection,
to explain the cause of each, and to give an application
- An ability to analyze right angle mirror systems and
other multiple mirror systems in order to determine the
image location and to construct ray diagrams depicting
the path of light from object to eye.
Mirrors || Multiple
|| Quiz Room || Quiz
Room Archive || Physics
Classroom || Multimedia
Physics Studios || Minds
On Physics Internet Modules || Shockwave
Physics Studios || ChemPhys
173 || ChemPhys 273 ||
GBS Physics Home Page
Henderson || Last update: 8/29/2002