- Ottawa, Illinois (a quiet town of 18 000
people located approximately 90 minutes southwest of Chicago)
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University
of Illinois, 1983
- M.S., Chemistry Education, University of
Jobs in Previous Lives:
- Chemistry Teaching Assistant, University
of Illinois, Urbana, IL, 1985-89
- Director of Tennis Excellence Programs,
Champaign Racket Club, Champaign, IL 1985-89
- Chemical Engineer, LaSalle Rolling
Mills, LaSalle, IL 1984-85
Glenbrook South Teaching:
- Years at GBS: 19
- Courses Taught: ChemCom, Regular
Chemistry, Conceptual Physics, Regular Physics, Honors Physics,
- Authored an online science course on The Physics of Amusement
Parks for Kemi Jona
Associates. The course is a 8-week course designed for junior
high students. The project is in its final stages of development.
When completed, the course will be offered through the Time4Learning
- Served as editor and technical consultant for Publication
International, Ltd. on a recent book titled "How Things Work,"
published in 2007.
- Served as an online reviewer (and stand-in writer) for the
Corporation of Public Broadcasting. Editted and complete an online
exhibit on the physics of roller coasters; the exhibit was
produced by the Corporation of Public Broadcasting in conjunction
with funds provided by the Annenberg Foundation; it can be found
- Served as an item writer/editor for Questar Assessment, Inc.
Wrote and editted questions for Michigan, Minnesota and Illinoise
state assessment tests in science.
- Co-author of Star Trek: Science Fact or Science
Fiction. Worked on a team of three writers to produce a junior
high science curriculum for ELDLN!.
Produced student and teacher guides for an online curriculum to
compliment Bill Kurtis' New Explorer series.
- Lesson plan writer for National Computer Systems. Developed
lesson plans in physical science for Educational Structures
website. ES is a division of National Computer Systems.
- Served as an Internet site evaluator for NetTrekker.
Found, indexed and evaluated physics internet sites for a start-up
search engine called "NeTrekker."
- Author of a high school physics project titled Science of
Sight and Sound. Developed for NCREL
as part of their Engaged Learning
- Church Involvement